Dave Connell is a survival and medical consultant with over 30 years of experience working in the most remote wilderness and hostile areas of the world. Firstly, with UK Army Medical Services and Medical Support Unit UKSF and second, upon retirement, with international medical life support companies including co-founding Exmed UK and then as COO Global Operational Resources Group.
He offers clients a sensible, professional approach to managing projects overseas; and has considerable and varied experience supporting TV and Media productions, oil & gas projects, humanitarian operations in permissive and semi permissive environments, and in supporting various security industry projects both on land and at sea.
Dave Connell & Survival Edge provides training, consultancy, support & equipment to commercial & non-commercial groups working or operating in remote, wilderness & hostile areas of the world. Typical industry sectors are TV & media, oil & gas, construction, mining & security.
– Series 1 – Survival reality TC Show – Survival consultant. Okavango Delta, Botswana.
– Series 1 – Survival reality TV Show – Medic, survival & safety services. Croatia & Iceland.
– Series 1 & 2 Man, Woman, Wild – Medic, survival & safety services. Croatia, Scotland & Aitutaki (Cook Islands) – Discovery Channel.
– Hostile Area Medical & Survival Skills training – Turkish Syrian border – New York Times.
– Vessel Protection Services – Counter Piracy, Gulf of Aden, High Risk Area, Indian Ocean. CRAFT International Risk Management
Previously Dave has been involved in:
– Media support services for Hunting Chris Ryan, Last Man Standing, Expedition Borneo, SAS Tough Enough, Long Way Round, & Long Way Down.
– Personnel recovery operation in Lebanon & Beirut during 2006 War.
– Training services to leading UK Private Military/Security Companies, such as Olive Group, Kroll, & CR Group. Also training of UN staff in Afghanistan, Iraq,
– Professional healthcare & life support services in Libya, Algeria, Papua New Guinea and many other countries worldwide.
– Pre-expedition training for BBC Natural History Unit, including Bruce Parry’s Amazon, & Expedition Borneo.
– Humanitarian medical & training services to UNOPS, UNDP, IOM and various other international NGO’s including Children In Need, & Asia Foundation. Afghanistan, Congo.
– Led medical major incident team following hospital collapse in Kabul in which over 50 personnel were killed or injured within the rubble.
– Ground truth mission Darfur, Sudan. Interfacing with key Govt officials to develop humanitarian services to displaced persons.
– Conceived & developed the Medicine In Remote Environments course, validated by the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care, Royal College of Surgeons (Ed) which went on to become a security industry standard for life support close protection operations worldwide.